Community Affairs/Cable TV

Cindy Stewart

Community Affairs Director



Create an Environment for Investment in the City of Troy

The mission of the Community Affairs Department is to increase community awareness and involvement in programs, services and community events. It shares information with residents, public officials, business community, and City employees utilizing all means of communication.

The Community Affairs Department publishes the Troy Today quarterly newsletter, brochures, pamphlets, and City Service Directories. It updates the city website (, distributes New Resident Packets, executes community surveys and produces WTRY (10 WideOpenWest / 17 Comcast) Cable TV programming. You can watch Troy City Council Meetings LIVE and replayed as well as coverage of major City events, activities and local sports.

Community Affairs updates important and time-sensitive announcements on the City's cable channel and the website. It responds to citizen comments, questions and requests via phone, e-mail, and the City's Postcard Feedback Program.

All WTRY Channel 10/17 cable television services are coordinated through the Community Affairs Department. WTRY cablecasts City Council meetings LIVE and replays them throughout the week. It cablecasts additional meetings, including Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals. WTRY produces DVDs and airs events, lectures and concerts.

Did You Know?

  • The Community Affairs Department offers a packet of information for all new residents. Stop in our office at City Hall and pick up your copy, or call 248.524.1147. You may also email New Resident packet requests by clicking on Cindy Stewart's photo above. Please include your complete address. The Community Affairs Department welcomes approximately 1,000 new residents to Troy each year with informational welcome packets.
  • If you have problems with cable, call WOW (Wide Open West) at 866.496.9669 or Comcast Cable at 888.COMCAST. If your cable television problems are not being resolved, please call 248.524.1147.
  • Several City boards, commissions and committees offer ex-oficio (non-voting) seats to high school students. This commitment typically entails attending monthly meetings and participating in board discussions about pertinent issues. Interested candidates should submit a Student Application for Boards & Committees to the Community Affairs Department.